- Our 2013 Expedition, Sea Kayak School and Stand-Up Paddleboard programs and dates are up! This year we are please to offer a 6-day sea kayak trip in northern Newfoundland. Jacqueline and Tim have led sea kayaking expeditions in northern British Columbia, Baja Mexico and Atlantic Canada since 1995 and are Cape Breton Island’s only nationally-certified Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking Level 1 and Level 2 instructors and Stand-Up Paddleboard Instructors.
- Louisbourg 300 – 2013 marks the 300th anniversary of the founding of Isle Royale, as Cape Breton Island was known in the 1700s. and its capital town of Louisbourg. There will be many celebratory events over the year so keep posted and check Louisbourg 300 for more information. In part because of theses events, Louisbourg was named Best Place to visit in 2013 by vacay.ca
- Fortress of Louisbourg “Paddle Through Time” – We are pleased to partner with the Fortress of Louisbourg to offer full-day sea kayaking trips which include paddling from the Louisbourg waterfront to the harbour gate of the Fortress, a walking tour of the Fortress grounds, a “commoner’s meal” and paddle back to town. These trips are available June-September at $135 per person. 2-5 day trips along this coast, with visits to the Fortress, are a popular choice as well.
- The Cape Breton Paddlefest 2013 has been announced! It will be held September 13-15, 2013 in Arichat, Richmond County. We have a Facebook page which has pics from the first two Paddlefests and where information will be posted as we plan the event. Stay tuned for more details: Cape Breton Paddlefest on FB and capebretonoutdoors.com .
- Paddle Canada Introduction to Kayaking Instructor training is available from Rising Tide Expeditions again in 2013. We are offering this course to those who have had Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking Level 1 skills training or its equivalent and who would like to develop their abilities as a kayak instructor. Paddle Canada Introduction to Kayaking Instructor certification and employment opportunities are available to succesful participants. Call or email for information.
- We have Rising Tide Expeditions t-shirts, hats and toques for sale. There are pics in the photo gallery – call to order yours today!
Our Island has so much to see, and there are many places for which a sea kayak is the only way you are going to see it. Contact Us regarding any aspect of paddling beautiful Cape Breton.